In essence, the most essential and high-quality piece of furniture a person should take great care of around homes is the dining table. Whether it’s strategically placed in front and center or in the middle space of a dinning room or kitchen, the dining table is a vital gathering spot which many families hold important discussions from at dinner. So every time you’re about to hunt for a piece of dining table to buy, at least make sure it’s spacious, comfortably accommodating, sturdy as a rock and, above all, it’s flexible and attractive in both shape and style. Below is a guide with cool tips and tricks about everything everybody needs to know when shopping for a new dining table.
1) Choose the material carefully. Every time you’re about to shop for a wood dining table, always opt for a hardwood option such as walnut, oak, maple, mahogany, or teak rather than composite wood such as hardwood solids, plywood and MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). Even though many engineered wood options such as MDF – which comprises a mixture of both softwood and hardwood that have been compressed together – are quite durable, they’re not really steady and strong like hardwood. They also are not quite long lasting compared with hardwood nevertheless.
2) Stay away from thick veneer. A quick tip for dining table shoppers: avoid all dining sets with thick veneer like the plague? How do you know whether a dining table veneer is thick? Usually it feels “plastic-like” to the touch and conveys obvious “seams” where placed at corners.
3) Measure the room. As a rule of thumb, it’s crucial to have the specific measurements of the room for your dining table–particularly with smaller dining rooms because people have a tendency of buying tables that are quite big for the space. Make sure the dining table you’re about to buy, at least leaves sufficient space in which you’re able to walk around seamlessly after all chairs have been put in place. Leaving about 50″ space between walls and the edges of the table really is a great idea.
4) Check the table’s dimensions. Almost all dining table sets share a very specific standard height range of about 28″-30″ tall. A decent and comfortable dining table should leave sufficient room above the knee, and should be the same level like your elbows when seated. Similarly, most square and rectangular tables usually have a standard range of about 36″ wide, though can also have varying lengths depending on the number of people you’re wishing to accommodate. So whenever you’re shopping for a piece of dining table, think through these options carefully.
5) Consider outdoor materials. And lastly, every time you’re about to furnish an outdoor patio or terrace with a dining table, many times you’ll choose to use weather-resistant materials quite often. Shop for a dining table that’s made from natural teak, as furniture made from teak wood material usually tend to be resistant to rain and rust. A quick tip: all pieces of furniture made from natural teak and powder-coated steal more likely will be indicated in the product description, so check on these carefully to avoid purchasing a fake or a product imitation–which apparently, seems to be conspicuous everywhere on the market nevertheless.
Arguably the dining table could be the most crucial piece of dining room furniture people need to take great care of around their homes. It’s the potential place where most families hold important talks when having dinner, which means any particular piece of dining table you’re about to bring home should at least be spacious, very comfy, sturdy in structure, and in a way flexible and appealing in both shape and style.
Lucky for you, Singapore is immersed with a lot of potential places where you can shop for classic pieces of dining room furniture that would meet your every need. But to ensure your shopping for exotic dinning tables become such a breeze, follow the cool tips and tricks shared in this guide and all your shopping endeavors would be worthwhile and super-easy!