Sometimes We Need Protection From The Environment – With Cathodic Protection: CAPAC System
There are times when protection from the environment means including an extra step to prevent corrosion of an structures and pipes that are important to remain safe as they provide a service. Cathodic protection is one way to protect the pipes with Siemens water technologies.
OK -What Is It And How Does It Work
The cathodic protection is basically used on steel or iron structures such as ocean pilings, storage tanks, important underground pipes. It can protect the structures by applying a negative current by using a cathode. The structure will be made negative so the natural environmental corrosion is limited. Reliable companies can provide management and monitoring of the system. Some procedures to mention are:
- Know the federal and state regulations
- Close interval survey
- Investigate both on-site and in Lab
- Manage pipeline integrity
- Will CP design, install it and monitor
- Provides a corrosion risk management
What Qualifies A Use Of Cathodic Protection
Pipes are woven underground of any city and towns and treated with Siemens water. They consist of thousands of miles that provide a convenience and service pipes to make our life better. CAPAC system can provide you that protection. Listed are a few more CP uses:
- Pipes that transfer natural gas
- Wastewater treatment tank farms
- Piping used for refined petroleum products
- Protection of the historical building
- Storage tanks for our medical facility
- Any type of transfer lines such as service stations or storage taj
- City Infa-structures for water, gas, air
- Tanks for farm or other ancillary facilities
With the right system in place you can be assured that the pipes are protected. It’s important to protect our resources, but equally important to protect structures from the normal breakdown and a potential hazard. Some evaluation of how the structure will be used or type of pipes that will need protection.
With CP there is a certainty that has been proven over the years of service. As long as people want convenience and safety, there will be a need to take care of the pipes that are used to provide this service. Knowing what service provider is the right one for your projects is a plus. CAPAC® Impressed Current CP System may be who to call for more information.